Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

02 October, 2015

Easy Botanical Découpage Pumpkins

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Botanical Decoupage Pumpkins With fall now officially here, I am in the mood for decorating pumpkins…and what better to use than fall foliage and those wonderful white pumpkins! The only problem for me…not a sign of those pretty fall leaves or a single white pumpkin…yet! So I decided to create my own and it was easy and inexpensive!



CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Botanical Decoupage Pumpkins tutorial Here’s what you will need:
  • Faux pumpkins, preferably white (I purchased mine at Walmart for about $5.00 and spray-painted them since that was much less expensive.)
  • Faux leaves without plastic “veins” on the back (Mine came from Dollar Tree. I have also discovered that you can peel the plastic off if you are careful.)
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush
Here’s what you will do:
  1. Using the foam brush, generously cover the back of the leaves with Mod Podge and place them on the pumpkin.
  2. Add a top coat of additional Mod Podge and smooth the leaves as much as possible with your fingers, pushing out any excess Mod Podge.
  3. After about 15 minutes of drying time, smooth them again. You will find that they will actually stick better this time. I have to confess that I am always impatient and use my hair dryer to hurry the process along, being careful to dry them only enough to make them sticky.
  4. Once they are dry, add another coat of Mod Podge and allow to dry overnight.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Botanical Decoupage Pumpkins And that’s it! I love the contrast of the colors and they will go well with my fall decor since I seem to be leaning toward fall colors with touches of green.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Botanical Decoupage Pumpkins One of my favorite things about fall…the decorations can be enjoyed all the way to Thanksgiving! And stay tuned because I have lots more to share!

Baby KittyAnd Baby Kitty says “Please hurry!” to those autumn leaves since watching them blow about is his favorite fall pastime!

Remember to pin it! 

Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants. 
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays ,   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! The pumpkins turned out great! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Love the idea of the leaves on the pumpkins - they look so pretty!! I can't wait to try this....just finished painting some pumpkins white! Thanks for sharing the great idea - looking forward to more!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Debbie! I've been looking for this exact tutorial! Is it necessary to use spray paint or can I paint them with white craft paint? Thanks for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie